Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Probably Thinks You Can Get Minerals From Minecraft, Too

, , , , , | Right | January 27, 2022

I am talking to an older client who is unhappy with how a design has turned out, despite following his exacting specifications.

Client: “No, no, no! I want a gold trim! And in Art Deco style! Did you learn nothing in design school?!”

Me: “[Client], I know what Art Deco is. I went through several Art Deco examples with you and you decided on the version that is currently in the design.”

Client: “This is ridiculous. I’ll just go down to the photo shop myself and have it done!”

Me: “[Client], you’re welcome to take your requests to a photography store, but they can usually only do basic touch-ups to existing photos, not graphic design.”

Client: “You’re just trying to keep me as a client! Tell me where the photo shop is that sends you all the designs!”

Me: “I do all the designs myself; I don’t outsource to a—”

Client: “No, no, you always talk about the photo shop! Where is it?! I want to talk to them directly!”

The penny drops.

Me: “[Client], are you talking about the software I use for my designs, Photoshop?”

Client: “I don’t care what software they use. Just give me their address!”

Me: “[Client], there is no physical shop or store that does the designs. I do them, on a piece of computer software that is called Photoshop. That’s all there is.”

Client: *Pauses* “Well, then give me the name of the person that runs Photoshop! I need the head honcho for this!”

Yes, this client wanted to talk to Adobe directly to create his flyers for his flash sale on cocktail sticks and napkins.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!