Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Pride Goeth Before The Bigot, Part 2

, , , , | Right | September 28, 2020

My coworker and I work at a supermarket in a village where most people are extremely religious. I am the manager, watching this discussion between my coworker, who has a rainbow pride flag badge on her, and an old lady.

Coworker: “…and your total will be £13.57, madam.”

Old Lady: “Oka—” *Screams* “No! I will not be served by a devil follower!”

Coworker: *Confused* “Madam, I will have to ask you to stop shou—”

Old Lady: “Shut up, you little devil b****! Get me your manager!”

Me: “No need, ma’am. What seems to be the problem?”

Old Lady: “This [Indian racial slur] is a disgrace to your store! She is a lesbian! She is a sin and will burn in eternal Hell! Fire her right now or I will tell God about it!”

Me: “Ma’am, not that it matters, but my coworker is not gay. Second of all, I will have to ask you to leave now before I call security for your language and rudeness to my staff. Get out.”

Old Lady: “She has a f****** devil badge on her! Of course, she is! And I am one of your regular customers! If you don’t fire her, you will lose a paying customer and you will burn in the eternal flame of Hell like she will!”

Me: “She supports gay rights; it doesn’t mean she’s gay. I support animal rights, but do I look like a f****** alpaca to you?!”

The lady turned red in the face and continued swearing at me and my coworker. Then, she took a vase off a shelf and threw it at her, but a man watching caught it in his hands. He grabbed her by the arm and took her to security. She left screaming and being violent but no one was hurt, luckily.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!