Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Please Evolve The Ability To USE YOUR WORDS!

, , , | Right | CREDIT: thesmallone20 | January 13, 2023

I never expect anyone to have a full-blown conversation with me at the liquor store, but I do expect people to at least explain what they need. If someone has a disability or speaks another language, I’m still happy to help in any way I can. The two men on these occasions, however, were just jerks.

The first man was a regular whom I had definitely heard speaking on the phone, in English. When it came to staff, however, he became a caveman. We used to have small bottles behind the cash, and a normal person would say, “Can I have [item]?” This man, however, would literally just point and grunt.

He did this a few more times until we all collectively had enough. It came to a head when he did his point-and-grunt at my coworker, who decided to point at every bottle he didn’t want until he admitted defeat and started speaking.

After that, he suddenly had a voice every time he needed something.

Here’s the second story. I knew this man could speak because I had literally helped him find something a few minutes prior. I went to the register, he came to me, and he just… didn’t say a peep.

Me: “Do you need a bag?”

Man #2: “…”

Me: “Do you have a points card?”

Man #2: “…”

Me: “How are you paying?”

Man #2: “…”

He took some cash from his wallet. I finished the transaction and he just stared at me.

Me: “Have a nice day.”

He continued to stare at me. Then, he looked at the bags and then back at me.

Me: “Did you need a bag?”

Man #2: “…”

He stared at me and then at the bags.

Ooookay. I bagged up his stuff and he left.

A few minutes later, he came back and stared at me.

Me: “Uhh… Can I help you?”

Man #2: “…”

He proceeded to slam change onto my counter, and then he stared at me and then at the change.

Me: “Okay? What do you need?”

Man #2: “…”

He stared at me, then at the change, and then back at me. My patience wore off at this point.

Me: “Okay. I need you to use your words now because I have no clue what you even want and this is very rude.”

He grunted that I had given him the wrong change. I corrected this, and he muttered a sarcastic thank-you before he wandered into the sunset.

Related:
Use Your Words, People!
Use Your Words, Especially When There Are Knives Involved!
For The Umpteenth Time, USE YOUR WORDS
Use Your Words!
Didn’t You Learn To Use Your Words In Kindergarten?

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!