Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Petty On Bready

, , , , , | Working | May 18, 2023

I used to work for a major bakery at a major theme park. My coworkers were petty, and the supervisors were the same. Coworkers believed their way was the correct way, even if it wasn’t. Supervisors made mistakes and tried to blame the workers.

I was working the morning rush and my job was to throw the items in the oven. I had just gotten out of training and was told that I could throw different bakery items into the oven at the same time as long as they were mostly the same (e.g., I could throw in two different sandwiches as long as they had the same bread.)

My coworker was helping me and noticed me doing this and started freaking out! She was telling me that I was doing everything wrong. She walked away and left me alone during the rush.

After the rush, the supervisor called me over and asked if we could talk.

Supervisor: “I was told that you were cooking multiple things in the oven at once?”

Me: “I apologize. I just got out of training and was told that I could cook [breakfast sandwich #1] and [breakfast sandwich #2] at the same time. I will not do it again, then.”

Supervisor: “What? No, that’s allowed.”

Me: “Oh. I guess [Coworker] didn’t tell you what I was cooking. Are you going to talk to her now?”

Supervisor: “That doesn’t seem needed.”

Me: “She just lied to you and tried to get me in trouble for something I didn’t do.”

[Supervisor] said nothing. I didn’t get in trouble, but as far as I know, nothing was said or done to [Coworker]. I shortly left that bakery and I regret nothing!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!