Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Ohhh, That Leaves You With A Great Feeling

, , , , | Working | October 29, 2021

I’ve put in my notice and agreed to stay on a few weeks to train up my replacement. They find someone remarkably quickly, so I prep a load of training material and ready for his arrival.

Apparently, he starts a day early as I find him sitting at my desk.

Me: “Oh, hi. You must be my replacement.”

Guy: “Yeah, I was told this would be my desk.”

Me: “Sure. I have a week left, but we can share while I take you through things. I will grab another chair and you can watch me on some of the common work.”

I grab a chair and go back to the desk. He’s sitting at the PC; it’s impossible for me to reach.

Me: “Why don’t you sit here—” *points to the chair* “—and I can show you some things.”

Guy: “Why? This is my desk, isn’t it? What’s the password?”

Me: “You will get your own password and login from IT. Why don’t I show you some reports?”

Guy: “Pfff, look. I’ve been doing this work for years. I don’t need to be shown anything.”

I glance up and several of my coworkers look shocked. Some are shaking their heads.

Me: “Oh, I… Well, that’s great. I will let [Boss] know and see if he can sort out your IT.”

I tell my boss that the new guy doesn’t need training and feels that he is good to start work once he has a login. I offer to leave then and there, but he asks I stay a few more days.

The next few days are pretty much the same; he doesn’t want to be trained and I manage to do little work. On my last day, we are called into the office just to say goodbye and make sure all questions are answered.

Guy: “No, he didn’t show me anything.”

Me: “Yes, you repeatedly told me that you didn’t need it.”

Guy: “Yeah, I don’t. This job is easy.”

I shrugged my shoulders, my old boss thanked me, and I left. It was three weeks before I got the phone call begging me to come back. I didn’t.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!