Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not Racing To Hang Out With Him Again

, , , , | Related | December 9, 2020

Way before we have kids, my wife, her sister and brother-in-law, and I double-date every month or so. We alternate between couples to choose where we go. My brother-in-law is a bit of an antisocial, selfish pain in the behind, so it is fairer this way.

We are discussing the next event.

Brother-In-Law: “I think we should go back to the races.”

Me: “We went there last time.”

Brother-In-Law: “We had so much fun, though.”

Wife: “It was okay. I’m glad we went, but I don’t think I would rush back.”

Me: “How about [Restaurant]?”

Sister-In-Law: “That’s a bit spicy, isn’t it?”

Wife: “Okay, what about the place next door to it? They serve good food and we could have a few drinks.”

Brother-In-Law: “Err… I might have to be at work that night.”

Sister-In-Law: “You haven’t worked a Saturday in nearly a year. No, that settles it. We will go to [Other Restaurant].”

The day of our date comes around and [Brother-In-Law] is, suddenly and suspiciously, ill the day before and we don’t go. We meet up a few weeks later.

Wife: “Did you want to go somewhere this month?”

Sister-In-Law: “That sounds great.”

Brother-In-Law: “How about the races? You chose last time, so I get to choose.”

Sister-In-Law: “What? No, don’t be daft; we will go to [Other Restaurant]. I’m looking forward to it!”

We did all go, and [Brother-In-Law] sulked the whole time. He was on his phone and spoke to no-one. He complained about the food and service and was just miserable. After that, he was suddenly busy every time we suggested going anywhere and we gave up trying.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!