Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not Painting A Sympathetic Picture For Yourself

, , | Right | February 28, 2019

(A customer comes to my register with two tins of paint.)

Customer: “I’d like to return this paint, please. I don’t like the colour.”

Me: “Of course. Would you like to exchange or… How much did you use exactly? This one feels empty.”

Customer: “It is, and the other is half full.”

Me: “I’m sorry, but you won’t be able to return it given the amount you have used.”

Customer: “But I don’t like the colour!”

Me: “Did you try a test patch?”

Customer: “No, I had to paint the entire room to see if I liked it, and I didn’t.”

Me: “I really am sorry, but I can’t return it. You’ve used a considerable amount of paint already.”

Customer: “But I had to!”

Me: “Again, I’m sorry, but there really is nothing I can do.”

Customer: “Then you will call a manager down who will sympathise with me and have you fired?”

Me: “I can, but he will just tell you the same thing. You’ve used most of the product and it is impossible for you to return it. Our policy is very strict about this.”

Customer: “YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND. I HAD TO USE IT!” *storms away, leaving the paint behind*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!