Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

No Vape Escape

, , , , , | Right | May 8, 2024

I work at the drive-thru of a convenience store. A vehicle pulls up with a female driver in her late thirties or early forties, with a female passenger no older than eighteen.

Me: “What can I get for y’all today?”

Driver: “Yeah… I need a pack of [Cigarette Brand], smooth gold, the white and gold pack and… um… it’s a…”

She tries to look at the young girl without looking at her.

Driver: “It’s a vape.”

She makes a snapping motion in the direction of the young girl, who finally pipes up.

Passenger: “[Vape Brand] lemon blue raspberry peach ice.”

Me: “Okay, I’ll just need to see your ID.”

Driver: “Oh, it’s not for her. It’s for me.”

Me: “Bulls***.”

They’re both visibly shocked.

Driver: “No, I swear, it’s for me. I just needed her help remembering what flavor it was.”

Me: “I don’t buy it. I believe those cigarettes are for you as you knew not only the proper name of them but also the description. She knew the name of the flavor verbatim because it’s for her. Now, either she shows valid ID, or no sale.”

Driver: *Scoffs* “I’ll be back to talk to your manager. I spend [amount] per week here; you can’t treat me like this.”

Me: “Okie dokie! We’ll see you then!”

I went back inside and ignored them until they left. Never once has either of them come back to complain.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!