Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

No ID, No Idea, Part 31

, , , | Right | October 4, 2017

(Policy states that I have to check for an ID whenever a card says “See ID” on the back, even though it is the signature that is supposed to go in that space which validates the card. Everything is going smoothly as I’m selling a beer to a middle-aged woman, until she hands me her card.)

Me: “I see that this card says ‘See ID’. Can I see a form of identification?”

Guest: “I don’t have one on me. I didn’t think I’d need it, since I’m over 21.”

Me: “I know, ma’am. I don’t have any problem with you purchasing the beer; the card just says that I need to see an ID before running it. Do you have another form of payment?”

Guest: “This is ridiculous; you have my husband’s card right there! Why can’t you just run it? I’m old enough.”

Me: “I can’t run it, because I need to see an ID before running it. It’s policy that if I see that written there, I need to see an ID, or I can’t run the card. Again, this doesn’t have anything to do with you purchasing beer. If your husband has his ID, I can run the card.”

(The guest huffs off and returns a minute later with her husband.)

Guest’s Husband: “What the h*** kind of policy is there against a 42-year-old not being allowed to buy beer?”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!