Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

No Food, No Receipt, No Chance

, , , , | Right | October 7, 2020

A customer in the drive-thru orders two sandwiches with a lot of extra stuff added on and makes both into large, rather expensive meals. Then, he gets to my window to pay.

Customer: “Yeah, my wife and I ordered this food a few days ago and they messed up the order. My wife called and they said they’d replace it.”

I know I’ve seen the man before because he has very distinguished facial hair and he pulled pretty much the exact same story as he did last time, only last time he got away with it. I decide to play along and pretend I don’t know his scam.

Me: “All right, sir, we’re sorry about that. I’ll just need to see your receipt.”

Customer: “I don’t have it with me. My wife called it in and the manager said it would be replaced.”

Me: “All right, well, what was the name of the manager you spoke to?”

Customer: “I don’t know. Some lady.”

Me: “What’s your name? I’ll have them look it up in the book.”

The customer gives a different name than he used last time. 

Me: “Okay, just wait here. I’ll be right back.”

I go to my manager and tell him about the guy who I know is scamming us and tell him everything I remember from last time he scammed us. My manager, who used to work at a different store of the same chain across town, follows me to the back where the man is waiting.

Manager: “So, you don’t have a receipt, you don’t know who you spoke to, and you’re not in our books. I recognize you from my other store. You’re trying to get free food.”

Customer: *Realizing he’s caught* “No, that wasn’t me. That was my brother!”

Manager: *Laughing to himself* “No, I’m pretty sure that’s you. Don’t bother trying this at any other stores. I’m sending your description to other stores. Now get out of my drive-thru before I call the cops.”

The man drove away and has not been seen scamming at my store since.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!