Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Nice To Know Employee Lives Are Valued… Not Very Highly

, , , , | Right | June 19, 2020

I work in a fast food chain, and I am working the second window, giving the people their food. Our machines for drinks are all automated. It is a hot day, and I had just had to replace the cup dispenser.

An order comes in for three large waters. The car pulls up, and I can tell it is nice.

Me: “Welcome to [Fast Food Chain]. Your waters are coming up; I needed to refill the machine.”

The automated drink dispenser does its job, but because it is a new load, the cups are ever-so-slightly damaged with crinkles on them.

Me: “I’m sorry; our machine slightly damaged the cups. They should be fine.”

Customer: “Will they leak?”

Me: “Likely not.”

Customer: “If they do leak, the interior of my car is worth more than your life, and I can get you fired.”

Me: “They should not leak, but if you want me to make three more, it should only take a minute.”

Customer: “No, I do not want to wait here any longer.”

Me: “Okay, have a great day.”

The customer sat in front of my window for the next few minutes pouring the water into bottles, because her time is so valuable that she didn’t just want to get three more.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!