Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

My Mother The Monster, Part 2

, , , | Right | October 23, 2020

My mother is THAT customer. You know, the one that everyone hates because something is always wrong or she doesn’t like this or that.

We are at a popular department store, and this location happens to have a makeup store inside. This makeup store also allows you to check out any items from the retailer itself. My mom decides to check out in said makeup store, but she notices something is “off.”

She walks to the checkout of the main store and tries to have the item refunded and then recharged. Our cashier is perfectly fine and does a great job, especially since my mom also wanted him to find an item that was in the wrong section, had no tag, and was not in her size.

He is doing well the entire time, and my mom makes him rescan everything several times. After she finally decides to stop torturing the poor cashier, she turns to me.

Mother: “I think something is wrong in his mind. Why do we always get stuck with him?”

Me: “No, I noticed this guy’s name, and it’s not the same as the name of that other guy we had on our last shopping trip.”

Mother: “It is nice that [Retailer] hires [disabled slur] people, but they should not be interacting with regular people.”

I stared at her in shock for quite some time and did not speak to her for the entire day.

Related:
My Mother The Monster

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!