Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

When It Comes To Bad Customers She’s The Complete Set

, , , | Right | October 23, 2020

We sell a lot of furniture and other things for your home. We are selling an outdoor furniture set that had a chair missing so it is on sale. A coworker uses the walkie to ask why it is on sale, and after telling her a chair is missing from the set THREE times, I finally go over to help. I have to add that the people who shop at our store leave things all over the place and don’t pick up after themselves. I’m constantly picking up after people, so I do it without thinking about it.

Customer: “Why is this on sale?”

Me: “One of the chairs broke during shipment, so we marked down the set.”

Customer: “Well, it doesn’t say that!”

Me: “I understand, but it does say that it is a three-piece set, and as you can see, there are only two pieces here. I will write on the ticket to avoid further confusion. I’m sorry about that.”

Customer: “Okay, well, it doesn’t say that.”

I don’t know what else to say, so I apologize again. Let me add that this set is sitting on a platform and she took both pieces off and had them flipped over on the ground so she could inspect them. She is acting like she doesn’t want the set and I think the conversation is over. She steps back and seems like she is going to walk away, so I start to put the set back on the platform. 

Customer: “Um… can I not look at that anymore?! Is that not allowed?!”

Me: “I’m sorry, I thought you were finished.”

The platform is an inch off the ground, so moving it back isn’t a huge deal and she can still look at it if I put it back.

Customer: *Sarcastic* “I’m sorry that was such a problem for you!”

Me: “…”

I just walked away. She didn’t buy it.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!