Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Maybe Stick To Walking For A Bit…

, , , | Right | CREDIT: redditadmindumb87 | August 30, 2022

I used to sell cars. About ten years ago, we had a customer come in and we landed them on a car. We got them approved at $600 a month, but the car needed to be privately trucked from one dealer to another, and that was going to cost about $500. My manager was willing to cover the cost, but he wanted a $500 deposit, and they would forfeit the $500 if they backed out.

They agreed, and we swiped their card for $500.

It was declined.

We tried three more cards, and they swore they had the money.

Me: “Let’s try and write a check for it.”

They naturally didn’t have a checkbook.

Me: “No biggie. Let’s log into your bank; I’ll pull the account and routing number and do a debit that way.”

Their account balance was -$300 in their checking account, with fifty-two cents in their savings account.

After my manager found this out, he pulled out the entire deal. Our lending agreement gave us big bad trouble for first-payment repossessions.

This got escalated to my manager, and I overheard him say:

Manager: “Your payment is $600 a month plus insurance. You have a negative balance and payday was yesterday for you.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!