Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Look At All These “Looks!”

, , , , , | Friendly | October 10, 2017

(I’m sitting at the stoplight right next to my apartment building, waiting to turn right onto a major thoroughfare. I see a bus coming down the bus-only lane and realize I’m sticking too far out into the intersection for it to get by. I put my car in reverse to creep back, and go maybe 10 to 12 inches, and discover there was a guy sitting on my tail, and I’ve backed into him. My issue was that I was focused on getting out of the way of the bus and didn’t pay attention to what was behind me like I should have. I get out of the car to address the guy behind me, but he starts the exchange.)

Guy: *gesturing indignantly* “Wha… You… Wha… How… Do you not look?! Do you not look behind you?! How do you not look?!”

Me: “Yeah, I’m sorry about that; I was concentrating on getting out of the way of the bu—”

Guy: “I do not understand how you cannot look! Do you drive and not look?!”

Me: “Yeah, I should have looked but I didn’t. That was my error. I was too far out in front of the—”

Guy: *maintaining his flabbergasted tone* “I do not care about the bus! You are supposed to look! How do you not look behind you?!”

(At this point I look and there is ZERO damage, not even a scuff. He continues.)

Guy: “How can you drive and not look behind you?”

Me: “Yeah… I’ve acknowledged that I should have looked behind me, but—”

Guy: “I do not understand how you not look?!”

Me: “Look, there’s no damage, so… I’m just going to get going. Sorry, again.”

(I get in my car and the guy doesn’t budge, his body language doesn’t alter, and his tone of voice stays the same.)

Guy: “But how do you not look?! You need to look!”

(I drove off while he still stood there and nothing else came of it.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!