Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Like A Good Sister, Lock Up Your Audacity!

, , , , | Related | February 1, 2024

I am seven years older than my sister — both over twenty-five — but at times, I feel like we were raised by completely different people. While I never go to anyone else’s house without permission or invitation, she makes herself at home everywhere.

I was sitting on the couch watching TV by myself a little after 8:00 pm when my front door unlocked and opened. [Sister] walked in, smiling. 

Sister: “Want to watch [Netflix Movie]?”

Me: “I don’t remember making plans tonight.”

Sister: “I know, but I can’t get Netflix to work anymore.”

I recently learned that she was using my account without my permission. I told her I was not sharing it with her, but my mother gave her the password after she insisted I was okay with it. Then, [Sister] logged in at her house and gave my password to her boyfriend’s housemate and her friend. Now, my one account was being used by five homes, including my parents. I changed the password and logged everyone else out.

Me: “Uh… again, we don’t have plans. I have to work at 5:00 am, so I can’t hang out tonight.”

Sister: “I’ll be quiet. You can go to bed whenever.”

Me: “If you want to hang out tomorrow, that’s fine. But I am not having company tonight.”

Sister: “I’m not company; I’m family.”

Me: “You don’t live here. You’re company. Please leave.”

Sister: “I want to watch [Movie] with you.”

Me: “Then you should have called to ask if I was free to hang out.”

Sister: *Changing the TV* “I’ll keep the volume down. Just go about your business. Pretend I’m not here.”

Me: “[Sister]. You can get out or I can throw you out. You have ten seconds before I decide for you.”

Sister: “But—”

Me: “Nine.”

Sister: “You—”

Me: “Four.”

Sister: “That’s not fair!”

Me: “OUT!”

I moved toward her, and she ran for the door. As she was getting in her car, she flipped me off and swore at me.

The next day after work, I went out and got an electronic lock with a passcode and a camera. [Sister] posted on Facebook that she felt like she was hated for being who she was and that people would miss her if she decided to cut them off. I wonder what that was about?

Related:
Like A Good Neighbor, It’s Nice That They Care
Like A Good Neighbor, Don’t Be A Creep!
Like A Good Neighbor, Stay Out Of My House!
Like A Good Neighbor, Eyes To Yourself!
Like A Good Neighbor, Back Off My Dog!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!