Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Like A Good Neighbor, Don’t Be A Creep!

, , , | Friendly | October 4, 2023

My family just moved into our new home. We had no money to buy curtains or blinds for the windows and the large glass door at the rear of the house. We weren’t that worried about privacy as the rooms were just the kitchen, dining room, and living room, but as summer approached, we realised that the heat would be unbearable, so we hung sheets and blankets to block out the sun.

A few days later, I was speaking to a neighbour.

Neighbour #1: *Jokingly* “Now that you’ve covered your windows, we have nothing to watch when we go to bed; we can’t see your television from our upper-storey window anymore!” *Laughs* “[Neighbour #2] is upset, though. She thinks you must’ve thought she was spying on you.”

I just laughed it off.

Me: “It’s just to stop the sun from turning the house into an oven!”

There has been a change in [Neighbour #2]; she barely even greets us anymore. It didn’t click until just now that she actually has been watching us. I am in my dining room looking outside, and I have just realised that due to a high fence between our houses, all I can see is her roof; our roof would be all she could see of our place unless she was standing on something to be able to see over the fence. We can see into her yard from the street when she has her gate open, and there is always a chair that looks out of place against the fence, facing our house, and it has only just occurred to me that it wasn’t randomly put there.

Related:
Like A Good Neighbor, Stay Out Of My House!
Like A Good Neighbor, Eyes To Yourself!
Like A Good Neighbor, Back Off My Dog!
Like A Good Neighbor, Try Saying “Please”
Like A Good Neighbor, F*** Bigots

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!