Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Just Another Day At “The Office”

, , , , , , | Working | March 21, 2024

My company has a joint venture with an American company; we make the parts from sub-components they provide. It’s sold in Europe as [UK Brand] and in America as [American Brand]. It works well and is probably good for both businesses. Plus, it gives opportunities for both sides to work in other countries.

In fact, we have an American guy working with us. He seems like a decent guy, if a little overly patriotic, and he has had a few culture shocks since he’s been here.

American: “Hey, I watched your version of The Office. I gotta tell you, man… Sheesh.”

Me: “Oh, yeah. I can’t stand it.”

American: “The US one is way better.”

Me: “Yep.”

American: “That guy that plays Michael… I mean, he’s just not funny.”

Me: “I agree — can’t stand him.”

American: “I mean, if you want funny…”

Me: “Mate, I’m agreeing with you.”

American: “You are? Oh, I figured you would like the UK version.”

Me: “You realise that just because there’s a British version, we don’t automatically like that one more?”

American: “You don’t? Man, you guys are weird. No wonder America is winning.”

Me: “Winning?! Winning what?”

American: “You know, winning. Number one!”

I didn’t press the subject, and I’m not sure he had an answer. He stayed for six months total. To be fair, the team missed him when he went.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!