Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

It’s Just Not App-enning, Part 2

, , , | Right | October 29, 2023

With a rise in online shopping and delivery apps, we have had quite a few “personal shoppers” come in with their list and expect us to do the work for them. Management has caught on and told us that we can tell these shoppers where the items are located in the store, but we are NOT to accompany them or do the shopping for them.

One woman approaches the customer service desk, skipping the line.

Customer: “I need these items.”

She holds up her phone, which clearly shows it is an order.

Me: “I can give you a map of the departments. Just give me a second to print it.”

Customer: “Why can’t you just get these for me?

Me: *Smiling* “We are not personal shoppers, nor do we work for [Delivery App].”

Customer: “This isn’t for [Delivery App]! It’s for me!

Me: “Ma’am, it clearly says [Delivery App] at the top of the screen.”

Customer: “Get your manager right now.”

Me: “Of course. She’s right here.”

I gesture to the woman beside me.

Customer: “This woman is refusing to help me!”

Manager: “Employees of [Store] are not shoppers for [Delivery App]. As such, we will not be doing your work for you.”

The woman rammed her cart into the desk and left. I feel bad for the person who ordered, but we are busy enough with regular tasks.

Related:
It’s Just Not App-enning

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!