Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

It’s Going To Be A Long Knight

, , , | Right | January 29, 2020

(I work at a medieval-themed dinner and show. Besides eating, guests have the option of going to the gift shop, sword shop, or bar. As well as these, we offer knighting ceremonies where you can have someone knighted or inducted as a Lady of the Realm. A guest’s husband missed his name being called and his wife is rather upset.)

Guest: “You there. Come here.”

Me: “Yes, m’lady—” *as we are encouraged to call guest Lord or Lady* “—how can I help you?”

Guest: “My husband missed his calling for his knighting and I demand you recall him!”

Me: “Miss, they are doing another ceremony at this time; your husband will be recalled as soon as they reach the end.”

Guest: “THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE! HE WENT OUT TO THE CAR TO GET MY ID FOR THE BAR! I’M 48 AND HE IS 53! THERE SHOULD BE SIGNS SAYING YOU NEED ID!”

Me: “Miss, there are signs located all over the bar saying you need ID for a drink. I’m not even 21 and I know you need your ID wherever you go that serves alcohol.”

(At this point, her husband has returned and is now standing away from his wife looking as if he wishes he could disappear.) 

Guest: “I STILL DEMAND TO SPEAK TO A MANAGER! I DIDN’T PAY ALL THIS MONEY TO HAVE IT WASTED!”

(At this point, one of the managers happened to be walking by and I directed him toward the upset guest. Also at this time, they called her husband’s name again, just as I told the guest they would. I tried to inform the guest, but she ignored me and continued talking to my manager. I later found out that they missed their ceremony again and were forced to go to a later one.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!