Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

If You’re Not Interested In The Gays Stop Taking An Interest In Them!

, , , , , | Right | January 8, 2024

My employer has a line of Pride-themed products for June. We have had a bit of backlash because of this line, but unlike other companies, we have not removed it from our store. A woman struts in, sees the display front and center, and turns to me at the nearest register.

Customer: “What is that?

Me: “That is our Pride collection. It’s—”

Customer: “I am not interested in the homosexuals.”

Me: “Okay.”

She stares at me expectantly.

Me: “Is there something—”

Customer: “What are you going to do about this?” *Points at the display*

Me: “Are you looking for a specific product?”

Customer: “I want this gone.”

Me: “Okay.”

She stares at me again, so I keep my customer service smile on.

Customer: “Why do you favor two men putting their things in each other? How can you be a family store when you promote women kissing women? And the drag queens assaulting the children! And—”

Me: “I thought you said you weren’t interested?”

Customer: “I am not!”

Me: “Well… you know an awful lot about something you have no interest in.”

Customer: *Turning bright red* “Get this sin out of this store! Now!”

Me: “Have a nice day, ma’am.”

I turn away and busy myself with tidying the already straightened shelves near the register. I can almost feel her staring into the back of my head.

Customer: “I will never be back here!”

Me: “Okay.”

She left us a negative review online. My manager called me into the office to tell me she had named me specifically. We had a good laugh about it when I straightened it all out.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!