Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

If Only It Was That Easy To Unblock Customers

, , , , , , | Right | December 16, 2023

I have a personal social media page. Knowing how the Internet works, my page is private, and I only accept requests from people I actually know — no coworkers, no friends of friends, no “girl bosses” looking to expand their empires.

A man adds me one day. He looks vaguely familiar, but I can’t place him and we have no mutual friends, so I deny the request. An hour later, it is back. I deny it again. He sends a third request, and this time, I block him.

The next day, I am at work when management calls me into the office.

Manager: “You’re not in trouble, but I want to talk to you.”

Me: “Okay…”

Manager: “I’m going to read the complaint as it was written. Again, you are not in trouble. Are you okay?”

Me: “Well, this is a stressful and confusing way to start my shift.”

Manager: “Take a breath. It’s all right. A gentleman called corporate and said you were rude to him.”

Me: “When? What did I—”

Manager: “Apparently, he looked you up on Facebook and added you, but you rejected him.”

Me: “Oh. His name is like Tim or Tom or something?”

Manager: *Nodding* “While I cannot reveal personal information from a customer, this person would like you to add him because he views you as a friend.”

He holds up his hand as I start to speak again. 

Manager: “I know. Corporate has replied saying we are not obligated to add customers and, in fact, we recommend that personal and professional lives be kept separate. I am just informing you that this complaint was sent. If you see him and he gives you any grief, you are allowed to walk away and find a member of management.”

Me: “Okay.”

A few days after that, the customer in question comes to the store. This time, I recognize him. He walks right up to me.

Customer: “Did management talk to you?”

Me: “No? Why would they?”

Customer: *Rolling his eyes* “Go get your boss. You’re a two-faced b****.”

I call my manager and he comes immediately. [Customer] must not have been expecting someone built like a refrigerated truck.

Manager: “Yes?”

Me: “This gentleman called me a two-faced b**** and wants to talk to you about it.”

Customer: “Oh. No, I… I was—”

Manager: “You’re [Customer], right? Let’s walk and talk.”

[Manager] puts his arm out and guides the customer out of the store, never laying a finger on him. He then returns to me.

Manager: “He wanted me to force you to unblock him or fire you for disrespecting customers.”

Me: “So…”

Manager: “He’s banned.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!