Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

I Can Haz Emailz?

, , , | Working | August 2, 2018

(My company is currently having issues with emails after upgrading to a new system. There is a temporary workaround; however, only IT personnel are able to do it as it requires admin privileges. I am currently in an office installing a printer when I get a tap on my shoulder.)

Coworker: “My emails don’t work.”

Me: “I know. It’s a recurring issue. They should be back up in a day or so.”

Coworker: “But I have a really important email I need to send.”

Me: “Okay. I can restore them, but if you close [Program] or restart your PC, you will lose them again as the settings will reset. Also, if you’re sending it to internal addresses, they won’t receive it until we’ve fixed the issue on our end.”

Coworker: “That’s fine. It’s an external email.”

(I go ahead and configure his settings. I stand over him to make sure that the email will send. I then see him type in a personal email address. He then pastes a picture into the email and sends it. It’s a picture of a cat facing into a box with, “INTERESTING,” along the bottom. I stare at him, confused.)

Coworker: *smiling* “Thanks for that. I need to go; I’m late for a meeting.”

(He ran off, leaving his PC logged in — not even locked — which is against company policy. I closed his emails down and restarted his PC. The next day, my colleague got a call and left the office. When he got back he told of how he fixed a guy’s emails, only for him to send an email to himself with a picture of Bubbles from The Powerpuff Girls. The guy is now on a blacklist, which means any problems he has with IT have to be submitted by his line manager.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!