Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

He’s Talking Ship

, , , , | Right | July 10, 2018

(I have just answered the phone.)

Customer: “I would like to speak to [Coworker].”

Me: “I’m sorry, but he isn’t available at the moment. How can I help?”

Customer: “He emailed me a few moments ago. I would like to speak to him.”

Me: “He is on a break at the moment, but if you let me know what the issue is, I will be able to help.”

Customer: “I want him to email me back as soon as he has returned from his break.”

Me: “Okay, I can pass a message on. Can I take your name or order number, please?”

Customer: “No!”

Me: “I need some information to give him if you want him to contact you back.”

Customer: “You are making this difficult for me, so now I am going to make this difficult for you. That is the American way! Tell [Coworker] that I want my order shipped!”

(He has rung from a private number, so I can’t even try to identify him that way on our system. The call is disconnected and I talk with my coworker a few moments later.)

Me: “Hey, [Coworker]. A man called. He refused to give me his name, but you emailed him earlier today and he said that he wants his order shipped like every one of our other customers.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!