Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Giving Her Two Cents About Her Three Cents

, , , , | Right | March 5, 2020

(I ring up a very nasty old lady for her one item, which comes out to $1.07. She gives me $1.10 and I idiotically forget to give her the three cents change.)

Nasty Old Lady: “Are you going to give me my change?!”

Me: *realizes I closed the drawer before I could give her change* “I am so sorry. I’ll have the register open as soon as I ring up the next person.”

Nasty Old Lady: “I should not have to wait! Why didn’t you give me my change?!”

Me: “I promise it will not take long; this next person only has one item.”

Customer: *to the old lady* “I will give you the three cents!”

Me: “No, that will not be necessary.”

(The manager sees this entire thing happen. I ring up the other customer and give the lady her change. About two or three hours later, I pick up a phone call.)

Me: “[Company], how can I help you?”

Nasty Old Lady: “I was in your store earlier today. I was rung up by a girl and she didn’t give me my change. My purchase was for $1.07 and I gave her $1.10. And when I told her she still owed me change, she made me wait for my change!”

Me: “That was me, ma’am, and once again I am very sorry, but I did give you your change.”

Nasty Old Lady: “No, you forgot to. And then when I asked, you gave it to me. Were you going to try and steal my change? Do you do that to customers?”

Me: “No, I was not trying to do that at all; it was a mistake. I will put you on hold so you can talk to the manager.”

(The manager picks up.)

Manager: “Hello?… Yes… Okay, I understand… Yes, she gave you your change; I was there when it happened… Well, it was a mistake… Okay, well, it won’t happen again… Okay, goodbye.” *hangs up* “So, did you really need that three cents? I could’ve given it to you!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!