Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Giving A Voice To Those Who Invoice

, , , , | Right | January 31, 2019

(I’m currently in the front office working on a project. One of our long-time clients, [Client #1] is at the front desk talking to another coworker on his project. Another client, [Client #2], walks into our office. She is infamous for wanting projects done quickly, but not paying us for months until we are close to sending her to collections. The only reason we are still with her is that her project is ongoing and we can’t quit now due to how much work has been put in on the project.)

Client #2: “I’m really upset with you all. You have a notice on my invoice saying you are going to charge me 2% more every month and have a lien on my project.”

(It is true; on all of our invoices, we have a notice about what will happen if you don’t pay. However, because most people pay on time, this isn’t typically an issue.)

Client #1: “Well, I’ve been working with them for years, and they always send me the same notice. I don’t get worked up because I pay my bills on time. So, unless you are late, I don’t see what the big deal is.”

([Client #2] shut up after that, and paid the bill without saying another word.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!