Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Farm Those Requests Back To The Stores

, , , | Right | April 4, 2024

I work in the poultry industry. I am out visiting one of our farms, and a few of the shed walkers and I are having lunch up at the farm office.

An elderly man shows up at the gate, wanting to buy eggs. We’re all a little confused because we absolutely cannot sell eggs directly from the farm, but he’s insisting he’s bought eggs from this farm before. One of the shed walkers goes to find the farm manager as the man asks us to make sure all his eggs are double-yolks because that’s what he got last time.

Finally, the farm manager shows up.

Manager: “We can’t sell you eggs. You have to go to [Store #1] or [Store #2] to get eggs.”

Man: “No, no, but I used to buy eggs from here. Maybe five years ago, you used to sell eggs to the public.”

Manager: “Sir, I have worked on this farm for twenty-five years. We have never sold eggs from here. Please leave.”

He did leave, begrudgingly.

Two weeks later, we had almost exactly the same conversation with an elderly woman who argued even harder that she used to buy eggs from the farm. It took nearly fifteen minutes for her to give up and leave.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!