Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Eye Can’t Resist!

, , , , , | Right | April 17, 2024

I was working in a store this summer where the customers were either tourists or regulars who came in exclaiming what a beautiful store we had, saying they had gone past it so many times and had never actually come in before. No matter the reason, many people loved it, and some just came in to breathe in the atmosphere and listen to the music.

One day, a few customers were walking around in the store, and I was alone by the register. Two women who did not know each other came up to make a purchase. On their way out, they both started looking around a bit again. Then, one of them came back after a while.

Woman #1: “I found this one, too.”

I took her payment. She walked toward the door, only to have something catch her attention again.

A man came up.

Man: “I want to buy this. Hold on; I’ll have to use my laundry money.”

He started to count up very small coins. We chuckled a bit as he talked about how difficult it was to come in here and not buy anything.

Just as we finished the transaction, the two women came up again with new purchases, causing the second woman to start laughing loudly for anyone to hear.

Woman #2: “This is hilarious! We’re never getting out of here. We were both here just a moment ago!”

Man: “I know! It is so difficult to leave.”

Woman #2: *To [Woman #1]* “We’ll have to close our eyes and walk out this time.”

Woman #1: “Well, this is my third purchase, so I definitely need to get out of here.”

With some laughs and what looked like a sudden friendship between the three, they finished their transactions.

Woman #2: *To me* “Don’t worry; we’ll get out of here now so we won’t bother you anymore.”

Me: “Oh, don’t worry; you’re welcome here any time. I don’t mind. You are welcome even if it is just to look around.”

They laughed at that.

Man: “Of course, we are; we can’t look without purchasing!”

Woman #2: “Well, I have to stop now, unfortunately, or I’ll run out of money.”

Then, they all hurried along the few meters to the door, making a point of not looking at anything. I had a smile on my face for the rest of the day.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!