Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Every Good Party Ends With The Police

, , , | Right | CREDIT: Front-Sudden | February 12, 2022

Today, I’m working a double shift as a server in the morning and an expediter for the evening shift. The server that is taking over my section agrees to take a table of seventeen as I am finishing cleaning my section, and I begin helping him set up.

They’re all starting to walk over, and I head to the back, clock out and then back in, put on my apron, and get to work pulling food. The next thing I know, the server that took over for me is coming back.

Server: “How many people did the host say were in that party?”

Me: “Seventeen. Why?”

Server: “There are around twenty-eight people all seating themselves in closed and reserved tables, and they’re talking about more people on the way!”

My manager makes her way over to the party.

Manager: “Why did you lie about the number of people in your party?”

They make up some excuse.

Customer: “Well, there were seventeen people here, but it’s going to be around thirty-two total.”

Manager: “You won’t be able to order your food until the majority of our screen is cleared so the kitchen won’t be swamped. And the rest of your party will have to sit in different sections; one server can’t handle this many people.”

Customer: “This is for my daughter’s seventeenth birthday! You’re being racist. It’s not that big of a deal! Other people can wait because it is my daughter’s birthday!

Manager: “You are being very loud and disturbing our other guests. You will need to leave if you keep it up.”

Suddenly, the whole party gets loud, and there is so much arguing and yelling that my manager tells them to leave.

At first, they stay, and they keep calling other servers to get them drinks and take their orders, but my manager tells them to leave or she’ll call the police. They then decide to cut the cake, and they yell the Happy Birthday song in multiple different versions for around ten minutes.

My manager walks over again.

Manager: “The police are on their way.”

They started threatening her and telling her and other staff members to meet them outside. Once they heard sirens — for an unrelated police call — they all took off.

When the police did arrive, they spoke to the manager, got the phone number one of the guests had given at the host stand, and watched the tapes.

Hopefully, there will be some legal consequences.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!