Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Double Double Trouble

, , , , | Right | August 26, 2019

(I work at a popular Canadian coffee chain, largely credited for coining the term “double double,” and we get a lot of foreign tourists or immigrants who aren’t familiar with the menu.)

Me: “Hi! What can I get for you today?”

Customer: “I want a double double, medium size, one milk, three sugars.”

(We’re actually quite used to this happening, as some people seem to think “double double” is the name of our coffee. We’re encouraged to gently educate people unaware that it’s not.)

Me: “Oh, sir, a double double is actually just a phrase that means two creams and two sugars. For future reference, just order a medium one milk three sugars to avoid confusion!”

Customer: “No, I want a double double.”

Me: “So… you want one coffee double double, one milk three sugars?”

Customer: “No, double double! One double double!”

Me: “O… kay.”

(I proceeded to tell the coworker making my orders — who was at this point quite confused — the customer’s actual order. The customer got the coffee and paid the total, and then left with some angry-sounding muttering and a harsh glare. My supervisor who happens to speak the language the man was muttering in informed me he’d just called me a useless b****. Ah, people.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!