Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Don’t Be A B****, Because Karma Is One, Too

, , , , | Right | July 7, 2023

I have to send a parcel, and I buy the “stamp” online. I head for the postal office to drop it off. The postal service I decide to use is originally a yellow German service and more of a store-in-store type.

Employee: “Oh, you bought a stamp online. We have a self-service for that now; you can scan your parcel over there.”

Me: “Oh, I didn’t know. Thank you!”

I head to the self-service station, and I arrive almost at the same time as someone else. I didn’t see him heading that way, and I am there before him.

Customer: “Cutting the line, are we? Hahaha!”

Me: “Oh, eh… I’m sorry.”

I try to scan my QR code stamp as quickly as possible, but first, I don’t squeeze the handheld scanner enough, and then my phone screen with the QR code isn’t bright enough

Customer: “Man, cutting the line and being slow! Hahaha!”

I am getting embarrassed, working as fast as I can, following the instructions. I finally scan the package and get a sticker barcode to paste on the parcel. Of course, the sticker doesn’t want to come off.

Customer: “It’s complicated, isn’t it? Hahaha!”

Employee: “Sir, did you buy a stamp online?”

Customer: “No, not needed.”

Employee: “Oh, the self-service is for people who bought a stamp online. Let me help you over here.”

Customer: “Oh, so I didn’t even need to wait for this slow lady! Hahaha! Here you go! These need to be returned.”

Employee: “Eh… sir? This type of return address only works with the [National Orange Postal Services].”

Customer: “Yes, that’s exactly right!”

Employee: “We don’t have a contract with [National Orange Postal Services], just the [Yellow German Services].”

There’s a short silence.

Employee: “I think you need the store next door.”

Customer: “Oh, eh… thank you.”

From laughing and joking to silent and red. I was okay with that.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!