Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Could Talk A Tree To Sleep

, , , | Right | October 20, 2023

After being very ill, I decide to get a Tree of Life tattoo on my right forearm to remind myself daily of what I’ve survived and still have some lingering issues from.

Shortly after I get back to work, one of the store’s “Frequent Flyers” comes in. She is known to generally be someone you want to avoid talking to unless you are bored or don’t value your sanity. The primary reason for this is that you will spend a lot of time listening to tangents and repeating the same answer over and over, sometimes to the exact same question!

The rest of my coworkers are all busy, so I am the sucker who has to approach her that night. Cue frustration and forty-five minutes of my life that shall forever be wasted. But, it’s almost made up by the gem that she’s about to dispense on my ungrateful being.

I’m trying again to wrap up the interaction when, out of the blue, she asks me, pointing in the general direction of my tattoo:

Customer: “Is that a tree?”

Me: “Yes, it is.”

Customer: *Giver of sage advice* “Did you know that tattoos are permanent?”

I’m literally stunned and take a moment to find a polite way to answer.

Me: “Well, yes, that was the intention.”

She didn’t say anything else, and I escaped without further harm.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!