Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Completing The Generosity Cycle

, , , | Hopeless | September 12, 2016

(The town where I live is notorious for two things; the high crime rate and unfriendly nature of its citizens. I am riding my bike to a friend’s house when, in the middle of an intersection, the front tire goes flat and then locks in place, making it near impossible to push. After some struggling and upsetting a few motorists I make it to just outside of a local hotel in the middle of downtown.)

Me: *approaching the lady at the front desk* “Excuse me? I am really sorry. I’m not even a guest at this hotel, but can I use a phone? My bike just got a flat and I can’t even push the last few miles to get to where I need.”

Receptionist: “Of course! That always happens, your battery dies or you forget your phone, doesn’t it? Write the number down and I’ll dial out for you. It’s hot outside; would you like anything to drink?”

Me: “That is okay. Thank you so much! I really appreciate this.”

(She placed the call and I managed to get a hold of a friend with a truck to come get me. She and I chatted for a minute more about breaking down in cars in the middle of nowhere. She offered to let me hang out in the AC but I declined to make sure I didn’t miss my friend and then headed outside. Nothing big, but for me in that moment it was big and wonderful reminder that there are good people everywhere.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!