Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Combo-No-No

, , , , , | Right | May 19, 2022

I am working at a sandwich chain.

Me: “Hi. What can I get for you today?”

Scammer: “I’d like the ham and swiss and a cup of water.”

Me: “All right, would you like to make it a combo?”

Scammer: “No.”

Me: “Will that be all?”

Scammer: “Yeah. “

He tosses a wad of bills in my general direction. Then he just goes to sit down as I stand there confused with his change in hand.

Me: “Um, sir? Your change…”

The scammer rolls his eyes at me and waves a hand impatiently. 

Scammer: “Don’t just stand there! Bring it to me!”

At this point, I am gritting my teeth in anger. I have been polite and nice through all of this, keeping a strained smile on my face as I place the change in his hand. I head back to the counter to grab his food so I can be through with him ASAP. But as I place the tray in front of him, he levels a glare at me. 

Scammer: *Snapping* “I ordered the combo.”

Me: *Faking a smile* “Of course, sir. That will be an extra [amount].”

He waves one of his fingers in my face. 

Scammer: “Oh, no, you made the mistake of not having the intelligence to listen, so you’ll pay for it.”

Stifling a laugh at his ridiculous request, I merely shake my head. 

Me: “Afraid not, sir.”

I walked back to the counter as I hear a string of curses directed at me. Apparently, he complained about me “not paying for his meal.” The manager laughed at him. Ah, sweet karma.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!