Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

‘Cause You’re An Intern, WA DA DA WAP WA DAAAAAA! Part 2

, , , , | Working | November 17, 2022

Our Human Resources manager is very fond of hiring interns that are local college-level students. As an IT technician, I’ve encountered interns who were good, bad, and varying states in between. I’m also accustomed to, shall we say, interesting requests. Usually, though, the requests are within or on the fringe of the realm of reason.

This intern showed up one day in a suit and overcoat, carrying a briefcase. He was hired to do data entry into Excel spreadsheets but apparently didn’t get the memo. We got this ticket. 

Ticket: “Hello, I would love to acquire the following if possible:

“Four full-size (preferably 27″ or larger) monitors with appropriate cables, and a solution to have multiple display outputs for a computer with limited video output (like a docking station or something else that works).

“A much more powerful mobile workstation with the best processor/processing ability I can get, which could optimally support four graphics-intensive screens (for advanced and frequent simulation purposes). Preferably the largest screen possible on this mobile workstation, as well. In addition, a desktop computer with the best processing ability I can get alongside the capability to support four graphics-intensive screens. If the mobile workstation can interface with all the accessories I have described and is more powerful than a possible desktop, the desktop is not necessary. If we can get a more powerful desktop than the mobile workstation, I would appreciate both.

“An external, USB 3.2 capable USB hub to connect multiple devices through one USB port.

“An external mechanical keyboard.

“Access to a minitab/statistical cell-based data analysis software, Microsoft Access, and Tableau or a similar graphical/interactive data representation software that can pull from Excel documents/data.

“Thank you for your time and energy!”

After my boss and I picked ourselves up off the floor from all the laughing, the intern got a standard laptop, two mismatched monitors, and the standard Office suite.

My boss still won’t allow the ticket to be closed, and it’s been a long time since the intern, amazingly, finished his internship.

Related:
‘Cause You’re An Intern, WA DA DA WAP WA DAAAAAA!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!