Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Card It Forward

, , | Hopeless | August 1, 2016

(I am working my overnight stocking job at a big-name department store. I spend about 20 to 30 minutes assisting a customer find several hard-to-find products. Almost immediately afterwards I get paged to the front registers, as I sometimes am called to assist during high volume times. After about a dozen transactions the same customer from before comes through my line.)

Customer: “I usually hate to come into this store because I never find all the products I’m looking for. Today you helped me find everything on this list!”

(As we finish the transaction the customer gathers his items and then hand me what appears to be a business card then nonchalantly turns and leaves. Shortly thereafter I am relieved from the registers so I take the opportunity to finally look at the card. It was a green card stock card saying as follows:)

Card: “HEY, YOU, YOU’RE PRETTY F****** AWESOME! KEEP THAT S*** UP! That is all. This Card has been approved by The International League of Awesomeness.”

(On the back:)

Card: “Surrender this card upon next encounter of f****** awesomeness.”


This story is part of the make-you-smile roundup!

Read the next roundup story!

Read the roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!