Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Acting Out Of Line While Inside The Lines

, , , , | Right | October 11, 2016

(It’s back-to-school season and our small store has a coloring competition for children to win a free backpack filled with school supplies. Because the age range for participants is four to twelve years old, it’s a random draw and we take submissions for about two weeks. On the day of the draw, just after we’ve randomly drawn a winner, a couple that appears to be in their fifties enters the store and the gentleman picks up one of the submission papers and begins to draw with the store-provided crayons.)

Customer: “When will this drawing be held, anyway?”

Me: “Oh, I’m very sorry, sir, but submissions closed a couple of hours ago. We’ve actually already drawn the winner!”

Customer: *suddenly irate* “What?! Well, who won?”

Me: “This is the winning picture!”

(I show him the coloring. It’s obviously not the best drawing and not even inside the lines, but it was a very small child so what do you expect?)

Customer: *snorts* “At least you should limit it to people who actually colored in the whole thing!”

Me: “Well, sir… it was a random drawing.”

Customer’s Wife: “And anyway, we only came here to schedule a [service that we’re known for] for him.”

Customer: *still coloring* “No! I don’t want to do it now!”

Customer’s Wife: “What? Really?” *incredulous look at him* “[Customer], don’t do this. You’ve got to be kidding!”

Customer: “I don’t feel like it. I’m not stubborn! I just don’t want to now.” *folds up his coloring page and storms off*


This story is part of our Crayon Roundup!

Read the next Crayon Roundup story!

Read the Crayon Roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!