Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A High Credit Limit

, , , , | Right | September 2, 2009

(A customer comes up to the register at about 11 pm, looking a little out of it.)

Customer: “Hi, how much is a double cheeseburger?”

Me: “With tax, it comes to $1.46.”

Customer: “Oh… okay…” (Searches through his pockets and comes up with 63 cents.) “Can I pay with this much cash and the rest on debit?”

Me: “Sure, that’s no problem. I’ll have to do the debit portion first.”

Customer: “Normally, I’d pay with the whole thing on debit, but I just bought a bunch of pot and I don’t know what’s left in my account.”

Me: “How did you manage to buy pot with your debit card?”

Customer: “Oh, man! My dealer is so great! He just got one of those portable debit machines! He comes right to my house!”

Me: “Well, if you could just swipe your card…”

Customer: “Oh, no! I didn’t protect my PIN. What if you saw it?”

Me: “Don’t worry, sir, I was over there. I wasn’t even watching, and I have a terrible memory.”

Customer: “Okay, well, it’s 6969. That’s my favorite number!”

(After leaving with his food I had to chase after him, as he had left his debit card in the machine.)


Did you find this story on our Burger Day roundup?

Click here to read the next story!

Click here to head back to the roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!