Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Different Level Of Brain Freeze

, , , | Right | August 15, 2023

I used to work at a local shop that sold ice cream, and to this day, I cannot figure out this woman’s logic or brain when it came to her orders. Every ice cream flavour was labelled, but she came in several times for the following scenario to take place.

Customer: “Hello. I’d like raspberry ripple, please!”

Me: “Raspberry ripple?”

At this point, I hold the scoop over the flavour for all customers to double-check that I’ve heard correctly and in case they read the label above or below by accident.

Customer: “Yes, please!”

Me: “And is that a cone or a tub?”

Customer: “Cone, please.”

I start scooping the chosen ice cream onto a cone, and she waits until I’m finished.

Customer: “Oh! Sorry! I meant strawberry.”

She pointed to the ice cream on the opposite side of the one she initially chose.

Luckily, this was in the summer, so I shoved the cones at the bottom of the freezer behind the till to offer to coworkers later. But there were times when, because of this customer, they were just binned.

She did this several times to my coworkers and me, and none of us understood. She didn’t get anything free; she just wasted our time and her own. But at least we occasionally got free ice cream! Unless she changed her mind last minute. But I’d understand that happening once, but not every time she comes in. 

Related:
Some People Just Want To Watch The World Burn, Part 23
Some People Just Want To Watch The World Burn, Part 22
Some People Just Want To Watch The World Burn, Part 21
Some People Just Want To Watch The World Burn, Part 20
Some People Just Want To Watch The World Burn, Part 19

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!