Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #294216

, , , | Unfiltered | June 26, 2023

Caller: I was checking my order history online, and it’s saying my item that’s backordered is now going to deliver in 7-8 weeks? Is that right?

Me: (checks our system) Unfortunately, it does look like we are all stocked out, but I can look into expediting that for you. Did you want a call or email back?

Caller: (gives phone number) But just to let you know, you shouldn’t lie to people. The website is saying it’ll deliver tomorrow.

Me: That’s odd. Where does it say that?

Caller: When you type in the item number, it says it right there.

(Note: In the call center, we use the exact same website the general public uses, not a special internal version, so we can see exactly what the customers see.)

Me: (searches the part) I’m sorry, I’m not seeing that, it’s showing me 7-8 weeks delivery.

Caller: Yes, it is, now YOU’RE lying to me! I’m looking right at part abc1234!

Me: Part number abc1234?

Caller: Yes! Do you see it now?

Me: Yes, part number abc1234 does deliver tomorrow, but the part number on your order is xyz1234, which is out of stock.

(silence)

Me: Did you need to switch the part on your order?

Caller: (meekly) No…

Me: Then you’ll hear back from us this afternoon about whether or not we can expedite the part you ordered. (click)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!