Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #272545

, , , | Unfiltered | November 22, 2022

I am in an unfamiliar town and am about to catch a train back to the city. I am hungry and have a few minutes before the train arrives, the closest store is a fruit shop and I see a display of peaches outside. I pick up a peach that looks good but I notice there is a chunk of flesh missing underneath, so put it down and pick up the next peach. I am halfway in the door when a woman comes at me and starts yelling at me for squeezing fruit.

Me “I did not squeeze any fruit, I picked up one that had some damage on it and simply put it down to pick up this one”

Woman “You’ve been squeezing fruit, I saw you”

Me “I was not squeezing anything”

Woman “Well what do you think you are doing with this one”

Me “Carrying it inside to the counter to buy it”

Woman *snatches peach off me and walks behind the counter “That will be (price), you were squeezing fruit” * holds hand out for the money.

Me “Well, now I am not going to buy it, I refuse to shop anywhere that I am called a liar”

She opens her mouth as I turn on my heels and walk out. Waited till I was back in the city and bought a peach from a polite green grocer.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!