Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #267788

, , | Unfiltered | September 12, 2022

(I’m having lunch with my mom and brother, and the conversation turns to Netflix. This is right after the launch of Disney Plus, which my brother is obsessed with because Star Wars. My brother is extremely closed-minded about certain things, especially TV. In his mind, there’s almost nothing worth watching at all, especially when it comes to animated media. He believes the only good cartoon in the world is Clone Wars.)
Brother: We should get rid of Netflix.
Me: Why?
Brother: There’s nothing good on it anymore.
Me: Not true. There’s still some good shows, plus they’re getting better with their originals.
Mom: Besides, it has our British shows.
Brother: In a year, Netflix will be obsolete.
Me: They’re not going down without a fight. That’s why they’re making a live-action Avatar.
Brother: They already did that.
Me: The movie doesn’t count. And the creators of the show are taking the reigns this time, not Shyamalan, so it should actually be good.
Brother: You’ve never even seen the show!
Me: Oh yes I have!
Brother: No you haven’t.
Me: Oh yes I have! It’s an awesome show. You should watch it.
Brother: Weeb.
Me: It’s not anime, it’s just done in that style.
Brother: Weeb.
Mom: (brother), be nice.
Brother: No, I’m not going to be nice to any weeb. I hate that I’m related to one. Anime should be banned. It turns your brain to mush. Besides, nothing good ever comes from Japan.
Mom: I’ll take your Toshiba laptop back then. And leave your sister alone. If she wants to watch anime, let her watch anime.
(My mom also has negative views towards anime, though not as extreme as my brother.)
Me: First of all, I don’t’ watch anime. My friends have tried to get me into it, but they like the super gory stuff and that’s not for me. And second, Mom, Speed Racer is an anime.
(Speed Racer was one of her favorite shows when she was a kid.)
Mom: No it’s not, it’s a Japanese cartoon.
Me: That’s called an anime.
Mom: Growing up, we just called it a Japanese cartoon.
Me: It’s anime. You like an anime.
Brother: She’s right, Mom, Speed Racer is anime. But she’s still a Weeb.
(My brother ran out of the room before I can say anything else.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!