Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #262989

, | Unfiltered | July 17, 2022

An intersection near my work seems to have a faulty detector and will sometimes just refuse to change to green to allow cars coming from our direction to proceed.
I know other colleagues have had problems with it but no one’s had time to report it, so they just wait for a gap in traffic and go.
Today is the first time it’s happened to me, though, and I have been waiting a full 10 minutes. I’m too chicken to just find a gap and go in case I get booked. Coincidentally, a trio of police officers happen to pass by.
Me: (rolling down my window) Excuse me! Can I get your guidance, please?
Police officer: (coming to window) What’s up?
Me: I’ve been waiting here for a full 10 minutes and the lights just aren’t going green. What am I supposed to do? What’s the legal thing to do?
Police officer: Oh, just go ahead now (waves her hand at the traffic gap). You’ll be right. (Turns and walks away).
Me: Oh. Ok. Thanks.
I tentatively run through the red light and enter the traffic, breathing a sigh of relief that the world didn’t suddenly end. I’m a big wuss when it comes to breaking the law.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!