Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #253451

, , , | Unfiltered | February 16, 2022

In England, you have to be 16 to buy high-caffeine energy drinks. I am 23 years old, but often get told I look somewhere between 15 and 17.

I place my items, including a high-caffeine energy drink, on the counter and the man begins to ring me up. He gets to the drink and asks for ID. I hand it over, as I expect this by now.

Cashier – This ID is fake, kid. No ID, no sale.

Me – Umm, that’s my real passport. I know I’m a bit of a baby face but I’m honestly 23.

Cashier – NO. You kids, thinking you can buy your rubbish. I’m not selling you anything! Get out!

Me – I’d like a manager and my passport back, please.

Cashier – I am the manager, and I don’t give back fakes. Get out, or I’ll call the police. You’ll be arrested for using fake ID.

(I go to security, and explain. They ask the manager for my passport, examine it and determine it is genuine and I just look really young. I decided not to give them any money, and haven’t been back since.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!