Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #252206

, , | Unfiltered | January 23, 2022

(My grocery store offers curbside pickup for online grocery orders. Recently, the store partnered with a third-party company to offer grocery delivery. From our end, curbside pickup orders and delivery orders are not that different. When whoever comes for the groceries, once they push the button we have four minutes to get the groceries out to their car. We are pretty good about getting out to the cars in under four minutes, and all our regular customers understand it takes time to get the groceries out of the lockers. On a busy day, however, we get a call from a driver for the third-party delivery company. My coworker answers the phone.)
Driver: (through interpreter) I’m hearing impaired. Listen, I am on my way. I will be there in a few minutes. The groceries had better be out there when I arrive. I am not waiting the five minutes it always takes you to get them out to my car. And I can’t use your call box because I’m hearing impaired. So make sure the groceries are waiting for me, because I’m not waiting. (click)
Coworker: (tells me what the driver said) I mean, we have four minutes to get the groceries to the car.
Me: I know. Plus, she’s a delivery driver. It’s literally her job to wait for us to put the groceries in the car.
Coworker: Exactly. She was so rude, and we don’t really have time to wait for her. But I guess we have to.
Me: I know. Do you want to wait for her, or should I?
Coworker: I’ll do it. But what struck me was that she said she was hearing impaired. She could always come in and talk to customer service if she can’t hear the call box.
Me: (signs) Yes, and I know ASL. I can talk to her.
Coworker: What did you say?
Me: (speaking) I know ASL. I can wait for her if you want.
Coworker: No, it’s okay. I said I would. I’ll call you if I need you though.
(My coworker ended up waiting nearly twenty minutes for the driver to show up.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!