Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #246437

, , | Unfiltered | October 27, 2021

(We have an employee at our library that has been there for a very long time. As such, she feels the need to boss people around even though she is neither a supervisor nor a manager. I have had to go to the director numerous times because of the way she treats me and the younger staff. I’m technically directly under the director and in charge in the director’s absence. I’m also pregnant and haven’t been sleeping well. Because of that, I decide to spend half of my lunch hour napping in the staff lounge. It is very obvious that I am trying to sleep.)

Coworker: (Coming into the lounge.) You need to make sure that you go over to town hall tomorrow during your lunch break.

Me: (Looking up to see that she is indeed talking to me.) [Coworker], I’m trying to sleep.

Coworker: I know, but you need to go and get your insurance paperwork for dental.

Me: And I also got the email. (I put my head back down.)

Coworker: (Continuing in a condescending voice.) Well I just figured that since we had enough people you should make the time to get over there.

(I ignore her and try to go back to sleep. The kicker? Insurance sign ups were the following week, not the following day and the available time was outside of lunch hours. I had already planned to stop by before work to get what I needed done. Also, her husband was person who sent out the email!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!