Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #242934

, , | Unfiltered | August 29, 2021

I work at a diesel repair shop and had a customer come in saying his truck was running rough and blowing smoke. The tech looked at it and found a piston had a hole in it. Did some more looking , the owner ran a programmer on a race and burned his engine up. So I gently try to ask him about the programming he chose, etc.. He told me he bought it (the name is a popular alcoholic drink) and he ran it on what they recommended. He asked me to call the programmer and get info from him.
Here’s what followed:
A lady picks up the phone and I can hear a baby wailing.
Me: “Hi, I have a question about such and such programmer.”
Woman: “Oh, that’s Tom. He’s on the can.” She pulls the phone away and yells for Tom. I’m assuming she sets the phone down and I wait until he picks up.
I explain the issue and how only an extreme race tune can cause failure like this.
Tom: “Wasn’t me or my tune. Your tech is wrong.” And hangs up.
(My tech has 30 years of experience and owns a programmer himself set on a far more mild tune, so he’s not an idiot).
So I call the customer back and relay the conversation.
Customer: “Well, he said it wasn’t his tune. So what is it?”
We narrowed it down to the programmer because the programming was on such an aggressive race the injector was over fueling which allowed cylinder wall to get hot enough to be damaged. But no, don’t believe a Ford Master tech with more experience than your years alive. Believe a guy on the internet, please.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!