Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #231078

, , , | Unfiltered | April 10, 2021

I work in a small deli. It’s a quiet afternoon and I have my back turned to the counter while I’m cleaning the chicken oven when I get the feeling I’m being watched.

Me: “Oh, hi, didn’t know you were there, what can I get you?”
Customer: “I want [product].”
Me: “Okay” (gets the item, prices it for them)
Customer: “You should get some kind of noise maker so you know when people are here.”
Me: “Well we do have a bell, right there on the bench. Or you could say hi, and I’ll know you’re there.”
Customer: “I don’t see a bell.” (It’s literally right in front of them, and I point that out as calmly as possible)
Customer: “Well I bet it isn’t loud enough, I doubt you would hear it.”
Me: “Oh I can assure you, when someone bothers to use it instead of just staring at my back, I can definitely hear it. Anything else I can get you?”
Customer: “…you should get a better bell.”

So many customers seem to think I have eyes in the back of my head. How hard is it to say hi or tap a bell?

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!