Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #231080

, , | Unfiltered | April 10, 2021

In November 2017 I was in the hospital for a serious(Ly painful) infection and was out for a week.
I have a regular Mon to Fri job but work at a fabric store one day out of the week.

During the week once I was feeling a bit better I went into the store to check and see when I worked next.
As I made my way to the back I noticed one of our ‘cranky’ regulars.

I mentally made a note but didn’t think much of it. I continued on into the back to get my schedule, then picked up some supplies and headed to the cash.

As I approach the cash I see a customer has precariously stacked at least seven or eight boxes of blinds on the counter. As I walk past them, they tumble and two fall on the floor.

The store manager was nearby with another customer and I chuckled and said ‘it wasn’t me’

Normally I might have picked them up or moved all of them, but like I said, I had been sick and I was tired. So I gingerly nudged them close to the cash so they wouldn’t stick out and tripped anyone.

Suddenly I hear a very angry voice shout:
“PICK IT UP!!” I stopped for a moment and glanced around. I’m a rehire and I knew darn well my superiors would never speak to me that way.
So I turn and look halfway down the store to the cutting table to see the cranky regular glaring at me.
I turned and asked.
“Excuse me?”
“DON’T NUDGE IT WITH YOUR FOOT!! PICK IT UP!!” Now, normally, even off the clock I’m pretty willing to help, but tired and still recovering I took a few steps towards the cutting table.
“I’m sorry,’ I explained sweetly “but my knee is hurting. Was it yours?”
“YES!!!”
I instantly adapted the harshest voice I have and barked back
“THEN COME PICK THEM UP!”

My coworker ended up picking it up and by then I had my sanity back, I almost told her not to and to make the customer do it.
I paid as she stood beside me, waiting for her to say anything. She kept her mouth shut and I left but the next time I came in I was told by other co-workers that she has apparently called me a ‘fat b****’ and that my co-workers were ready to go to bat for me.

I also brought in a nice candle to the coworker that had to pick up the boxes!

The worst part is, she’s not even the worst one.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!