Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #224467

, , , | Unfiltered | January 30, 2021

I work in a popular chicken shop that does delivery, however head office has decided to change the delivery area which has cut out a new estate in the area which is now about 2 km outside the area now. If people order online in this area we have to call and inform them that the area has changed and thus can’t deliver the food.

Me: Hi, this is so and so from chicken shop. I’m calling to let you know that unfortunately the delivery area has changed due to food safety reasons and so I won’t be able to deliver your food tonight, I’m so sorry.

Customer: well last time.we ordered we got told the same thing, we complained and the next day we had a guy from your store call and apologise because you do deliver down here.

Me: can I ask how long ago was that? It changed about a month ago that the cutoff for delivery was street name.

Customer: it was about 3 weeks ago, this is ridiculous! We’re about 100m from that street!

Me: I’m sorry but unfortunately that is where head office has decided that the cut off point is. I’ll process the refund for you now, again I apologise that it’s changed and we can’t deliver it.

Customer: well I expect you to send someone down here with cash so I can go and buy food for my family.

Me: I won’t be able to send someone down with cash for you, I can and will process the refund for you since you paid credit.

Customer: of course you can’t! This is fucking ridiculous! I’m going to put in a complaint about this and you just watch, we’ll get a phone call tomorrow about how you can deliver down here!

Me: again, it was head office that has put this in place due to food safety reasons and I get its frustrating for which I’m sorry.

Customer: you can go stick your refund and go fuck yourself!

*customer hangs up*

I check complaints about an hour later and she did put in a complaint saying that a smart ass girl had told her that we don’t deliver down there and she was going to put on the estates group page never to use our store and recommend other delivery places instead.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!